A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where Two Flocks Gathered: Old Glen Innes Rd Part 2



This is the very unusual Anglican Church of OBX Creek. It once accommodated two flocks, the front section held seats for thirty believers and the rear section could shelter animals from storms or summer heat.

This is the second post on my tour along the very historic Old Glen Innes Rd

To view other participants in My World Tuesday click here

9 comments:

  1. Oh, no wonder my first impression of this church was that it was a barn! How very interesting, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first impression, too! Now I see why!! And it is very interesting! I do love your blue skies and rich green trees and grass! Can't get enough color these days! Hope you have a great week, Mark!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting double use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Thank you.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very considerate to the four footed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How considerate to provide shelter for the animals. It's a charming building.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title of your post- very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So typical...

    My daughter's name is Inès and when we arrived in Australia her teachers and new friends were having difficulty remembering or pronouncing her name so I kept telling them "just like Glen Innes" - it really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And it is constructed from fibro ... I guess GI is fairly high into the tableland and it can get chilly up there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...