A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Theme Day: My Favourite Part Of Town




My favourite part of town is Angourie Back Beach. We go there lots and it is only ever crowded at the peak of the Christmas holidays. It's a great place to people watch as travellers come from all over the world to surf  the famous but treacherous point on the other side of the headland.
This spot is also the start of one of the world's most spectacular paths, the Yuraygir Coastal Walk. The four day hike south traverses the longest stretch of protected coastline in NSW and the traditional Aboriginal homelands of the Yaegl Nations in the north and the Gumbaynggirr in the south: along empty beaches, windswept heaths, littoral rainforest and pristine streams and rivers to the village of Red Rock.

Sometimes you can go to Angourie Back Beach in winter and you have it all to yourself except for the Ospreys, Honeyeaters, Kites, Thick Knees, Cowrie shells, coffee rock, driftwood............

On the first day of every month the City Daily Photo Community celebrate by posting to a particular theme. To see my comrades favourite locations in their own towns click below.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

12 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. I can see why it would be your favourite part of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so gorgeous! I'd love to spend some time here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a nice place. I like the fact that it is seldom crowded. And that hike sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that would be my favourite place too!
    Oh I miss Aussie beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great looking place. I agree with Steffe, I am not a fan of crowds!
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why. Its a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious beach ~ Aussie beaches are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a choice spot all right. Thanks for sharing it with those of us who have not yet found it. Also thanks for adding the other contributors to the photo day! Your blogspot is very special...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A spectacular wide angle shot. What a wonderful place. I'm sure it would be my favorite too. I agree with Dianne - Aussie beaches ARE the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful place. I grew up beside the Atlantic Ocean and always feel nostalgic when I see such beautiful salt water beaches. I can definitely smell the sea air and hear the waves crashing in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great picture of a beautiful beach.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...