A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Out Vile Dictator






















I'm being political today. So what is the connection with backwater Grafton and Libya; well I have a very good friend who lived there for a long time and he regularly brought me gifts when he was back in Australia and told me tales of the beauty of the country and it's people. I treasure this tile at the moment as it is a common tile, the kind you find all over Libya, the kind you find in the ordinary homes of the ordinary people. I think the fish is a sign of good luck, they certainly need it at the moment.
It looks like a terrible civil war is developing and I know my friend is worried about all the Libyans he knows there.



I also have some less salubrious items. His books are the crazy ramblings of a mad person. I have seen his "Green Book" being burnt and stamped on a number of times in the news. I also bet a few watches have also been dashed against the pavements.
It seems the crisis is worsening every day and I am sure I am not alone in feeling helpless towards the ones who always suffer, women and children.

3 comments:

  1. Good post.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a statement, and I like the photos very much, especially the tile and the watch. The Green book needs to be read but since it is in a language that I have difficulty reading, (as I bet do most of the world) may as well keep it closed. It will be interesting to see what happens to Libya as I remember when Billy Carter was famous for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lets hope that little fish will bring the people of Libya some love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...