A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Old Glen Innes Rd: Dalmorton Part 1


In 1871 Dalmorton came alive to the sound of the fossickers pick, gold had been discovered and a reef declared!
The town was quickly transformed into a typical gold rush town of slab huts, stables, coolie labourers, noise, gambling, drinking and violence. At its height Dalmorton had around 3,500 inhabitants today it is 0! 
It is a classic ghost town with a couple of buildings still remaining. This week I will will show images from this very remote location on the old road to Glen Innes.
Click on the label to see my previous posts on this classic journey.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely looking countryside.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty ... no one ... gosh!!

    Okay ... I am back int saddle and ready for a squizz around this ghost town. Remember when Glen Davis was a ghost town. Nah ... you be too young. Well it was ... when I was a kid .. because it made my eyes very wide and my heart pitter-pat ... I was very impressionable ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...