In the mid 1930's the Department of Main Roads (DMR) decided that rather than reconstruct the road to Glen Innes ( see posts on Old Glen Innes Road/Dalmorton) an entire new route would be built. It took another thirty years for this project to be realised. In October 1961 the new bridge over the Mann River at Jackadgery opened.
An original DMR map showing the old and new routes between Grafton and Glen Innes.
An old photo of the official signpost detailing specifications in imperial measurements and currency.