A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rite of Passage


Angourie is famous for its freshwater pools which are only metres from the saltwater surf. The Green and Blue Pools have an interesting history which I will do at another time.
The focus today is the 'rite of passage' by the local youth in jumping and diving off the cliffs. Yes there have been accidents over the years but for the thousands and thousands of people who have done it over the decades, it seems minimal. However, I'm sure they will try and stop it one day.

This is a Watery Wednesday Post. Click here for other water views around the planet.

5 comments:

  1. I might jump feet first from that cliff, but I would never put my head down and dive!

    IT DOESN’T TAKE AN OCEAN

    It doesn’t take an ocean
    Or a mighty sea,
    A simple little raindrop
    Is enough for me!

    I also like the jewels
    Scattered in the grass
    After summer thunderstorms
    Soak the earth and pass.

    There’s also perspiration
    Clinging to a nose—
    A sign of honest labor,
    Or so I suppose!

    Wonderful, most wonderful,
    Are the seven seas,
    But give me downy snowflakes
    Clinging to the trees!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Papaoneone Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours in the rock layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful natural sculpture! But i am worried for those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that post, both the cliff and the big jump. I believe kids should keep such chances to test their young bodies and minds. If everything becomes forbidden we'll have a sad sad world, and more violence in other areas. Male teenagers NEED that sort of outlet for their bursting testosterone. Rather that than hooliganing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At my age, I couldn't find the nerve to make that jump but kids are fearless. This is a great shot, Mark. I love the little ledge on the cliff that looks like two eyes and a nose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...