A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Footprints in the Cement



Where were you in 1968? The Vietnam War was at its height with the Tet Offensive and the Battle of Khe Sanh, Hair opened on Broadway, the Beatles released the White Album, Kylie Minogue and Thom Yorke were born, Martin Luther King Jnr &  Marcel Duchamp died. I was four years old and attending Mrs Hodgson's pre-school in South Grafton.
I don't know who Fred was but he placed his feet in wet cement on the seawall of an old fishing cottage next to Oyster Channel, I suppose he was the fisherman's son and probably around my age.
The empty cottage burnt down a few years ago and this, and the crumbling seawall, is all that's left.

9 comments:

  1. Now that's a shadow shot that piques the curiosity and a really terrific one for the day, Mark! Hope your weekend is going well! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred's feet have been immortalised. I wonder about Fred...

    SHADOW DITTY

    Shadows of onyx, shadows of grey,
    Shadows to chase my doldrums away;
    Shadows each morning, shadows at night,
    Shadows, O shadows, you’re my delight!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Shadows of Mexico here and here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we will never know who Fred was! and He will never know his feet were featured on a world wide blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a great find!

    My shadow, post, have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Shadow Shot. Interesting to find things like that and speculate about them. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1968 - Year 10, entranced by science and maths, having crushes on my high school teachers, fighting with my Mum about the length of my hemlines and not much aware of all those world events you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came back for ruby tuesday. have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel strongly learning the topic, however I need to learn more on this topic.
    Carry on your updates..!!

    Regards

    sydney horse racing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...