A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vale Yamba Shop of Many Things

Sometimes I worry that I am too nostalgic and should move with the times but when I started this blog I did want it to be a record of change. I can't but help comment on a funny old shop that has closed its doors in Yamba after many years.

We never really had a name for this place but it was one of those stores that sold lots of things you really need at the beach when you are on holidays; postcards (some saucy), mullet gut, tea towels, snorkels, footballs, t-shirts, frozen prawns, snow scenes, thongs, white zinc, crab pots, stickers, surfboards, green weed (for fishing not smoking), glass figurines etc etc etc.
I suppose it will become another hairdresser or cafe but I know next time I am on holidays and I need something practical to ensure a successful day at the beach I won't be able to pop into the shop that had no name but sold many things.


3 comments:

  1. Its a shame. Those little shops used to be in every seaside town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity this establishment has closed it's doors - I'm sure it will be missed by locals and tourists alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well --- as the cliche goes, if there's a beginning there's always an end...and this store has got to it. :)

    just followed you through GFC mate...i'm hoping you can follow mine as well ....

    http://www.lonerzone.com/
    http://www.zonetrips.com/

    thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...