A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Week of Purple Begins!




The 77th Jacaranda Festival began this weekend in Grafton. I promise not too many pictures of the trees, But I have to get one in at least.

This is an invitation to all my friends on Clarence Valley Today to visit tomorrow, I'm throwing a party with cake and drinks. It is the blogs 1st Birthday and my 48th, so it's a double celebration!

This is a Scenic Sunday Post. Click here for more scenic shots from Planet Earth.


15 comments:

  1. Post as many pix as you like of jacarandas in flower! And happy birthday to you & your blog for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jacarandas - and the flowers are such a perfect size for children's fingers! Happy birthday to you and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I remember seeing a lot of these on trips up to Qld. Imagine having a forest of these!!!
    Keith.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen anything like that. So beautiful! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not been to Grafton in season but I can see why it has a reputation with that magnificent display on parade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning display of colour Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O what a glorious sight! Nature drums up a dramatic jacaranda parade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very special trees particularly when mass planted like this. We have one in our garden but it will be a long time before it looks like the magnificent specimens in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these trees and the purple color. Just gorgeous! Happy Scenic Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the purpleness of October. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your first year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated birthday wishes Mark and congrats on your first year. Love the jacarandas. Magnificent. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...