A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Minyon Falls


Minyon Falls is a spectacular waterfall in the Nightcap Ranges. If you want to know more about it's geology then I know just the blog.
We were very concerned for the girl at the top of the falls, signs warn to keep away from the top of the falls as the cliffs are liable to break but it was a stormy day and I was more concerned that a downpour in the catchment could bring a sudden torrent of water.


It's a long way down!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I just hope you weren't standing too close to the edge, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Leif I was on a purpose built viewing platform, so very safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hop rock across the stream when I was younger. I'm actually quite surprised I did... Its a long way down. A long, long way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people always think something tragic will only happen to others and throw caution to the wind to step beyond safety barriers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. She surely is in a very scary position. I am always very wary of unfenced cliffs and waterfalls even more so, it is so easy to slip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mark, great to be back in Oz and to catch up with your blog postings over the last few weeks. Beautiful location and top shots Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular scenery ! I can't look at that girl up there without shivering...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...