A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Gorge Toilet/Shower Block Signs.


The Gorge is a very famous fishing location and regularly features in magazines and on TV shows. Australian Bass is commonly caught as is the rare Clarence River or Eastern Codfish. For many years the owners of the property, the Winters Family, have insisted on all fish caught being released back into the river. It really is a sporting sanctuary.


I have always had a laugh at the toilet/shower block signs.

This is a Signs Signs Post. Click here for more signs from around the globe.

14 comments:

  1. Big smile :-)
    BTW, I found your map in an earlier post.
    I love maps.
    Does Google put any restraints on usage within posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good. I feel they could work on 'cod' as well, perhaps beginning with 'codpiece' ... or even 'codswallop' ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, glad you found the map. As far as I know Google are happy to use the map, blogger is owned by Google.
    Julie, great idea you have given me a good laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost expected "Soprano" on the other sign, but that's just my musical education piping in! ;-) Well spotted and captured, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, all bassettes should have bright red lips and lovely eyelashes!
    I like Nix's comment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderfully creative! :-) Nice "catch" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Bassette lips! I got a good laugh over these wonderful signs - and some of the comments as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous bathroom signs. So neat and clever...and colorful. I am so glad the people put the fish back into the water. I just hope the hooks do not do serious damage to them first. Great captures. genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lipstick on the "bassettes"! Cute idea and cute signs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute signs - bass and basettes sound cool to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Fantastic!! Now that's worthy of getting the Red Nomad OZ treatment!!! Will have to look it up next time I'm in the area!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...