A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Major Flood on the Clarence River


Grafton is now experiencing a major flood as the Clarence River has continued to rise overnight, currently 5.5m's @ 7am. It is still a few metres from over topping the levee system and Grafton and South Grafton should be safe.
To see more pictures of the flood visit my Clarence Valley Floods Blog on top of the right hand column.

This is my contribution to the Skywatch Friday meme.
This is my contribution to the Weekend Reflections meme.

14 comments:

  1. A very good shot!
    I wish you a Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the flooding, Mark! Great capture for the day, but I hope you see your wonderful blue skies back soon! Have a good weekend! Stay dry!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see a little sunshine this morning isn't it Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your corner of the world seems to be having it's fair share of dramas this year Mark .... Oh! to have some of that water for my garden.
    A beautiful capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks bad. Hope your place is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky view!

    My Skywatch. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good photo.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty scene, I hope the river recedes quickly. Great shot, Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, dramatic, scary photograph. I hope the levee holds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror –
    The wide brown land for me!"
    Dorothea Mackellar

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very worrying time Mark, let's hope and pray the levee system holds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear things are flooding--hope the water goes down and life returns to normal soon. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...