A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Surfing Mice


Here finally are the surfing mice. Is it cruel? Lots of people have pets that they perceive enjoy their 'playtime' with humans. I am unsure, the owner was very caring of the rodents and when he placed the mice on the surfboards for the first time they seemed very excited, however,  this could've been some form of Pavlovian response to do with feeding post-surf.
Whatever you think it certainly rates for me as a very bizarre hobby/interest.

The owner has a website, Radical Rodents, but the text is in Lorem ipsum, not sure if this is on purpose.

This is my contribution to the Watery Wednesday meme.

14 comments:

  1. Fascinating Mark. I have never seen anything like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen dogs surfing and they looked like they really enjoyed it. I bet the mice are having a blast! They are totally outdoing Stuart Little's sailing adventures. Go Rodents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bizarre! And yet perhaps they are enjoying the thrill of the moment! If it is clear that mice enjoy water, then perhaps this is not cruel! I wonder what kind of mice are surfing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really weird. Does he make money out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I had seen everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this for real? Hope they enjoy it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a new one for us! Couple of surfing dogs around here, but no rodents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. seems like a strange thing to do I think. But cool shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange indeed but a great photo op.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did see something on a bloke slightly further up the coast that had a few surfing rodents, he even built them a resort,,, rodent size of coarse. great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holey Moley Mark!! that's just nuts!! I'm not so sure those little fellas would do this by choice!! I know I wouldn't!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...