A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Old School Enmore

Compared to Newtown, Enmore is the 'down at heel' sister, but I prefer it. Whereas Newtown is endless restaurants, Enmore is still a proper High St with lots of small and varied businesses. I was taken by this shop with its lurid Art Deco facade.


In front of the tawdry window curtains there was a collection stuffed toys amongst tinsel and ribbon. It was closed when I walked past so sadly I didn't get to see the snippers and permers at work.  

10 comments:

  1. Well, if nothing else, it's colorful!! But I do agree with you, Mark, it is lurid! Fun shot for the day! Hope your week is going well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is from an another era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is really cool looking....very colorful...you really came up with a great one this week. genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those colours are so wrong! But the windows are very interesting in themselves and old sign is classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Mark, looks like a hairdressers from the 50/60's, very retro!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks more massage parlor than beauty salon. Must be the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shots Mark .... very art deco with lots of character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder why they have all those curtains up? Usually salons want you to see inside!
    Love the design, hate the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...