A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Inverell School of Arts


The glorious Inverell School of Arts was built in 1906, today it is part of the Inverell Art Gallery. Can you see William Shakespeare at the centre of the pediment?


The building has a number of bas-reliefs that show cherubs enjoying life. When the School of Arts was built as well as being a library it also included a billiard hall, I like the humorous reference within one of the reliefs.


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking school and lovely, peaceful skies for the background! Great captures for the day, Mark! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely look at the sky! The building and statue are pretty! Happy Skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the middle of changing over all my emails etc in preparation for my move of abode at the end of January, so pardon my contacting you via a comment. I am trying to arrange a luncheon of Sydney bloggers on either Sat 8th or Sat 15th Dec at The Glenmore in The Rocks from 1130am. Any chance you might be in the vicinity? Going thus far are: Jim, Ann, Jo, Neil, and myself. Yet to ask Peter and Joan. Diane and Bill cannot make it from Brissie, and I suspect Peter and Jo will not be able to make it from the Sunshine Coast. I will, of course, understand if you cannot. However, let me know when you expect to be down this way during 2013 and I will see if we can schedule anothery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite an imaginative thought! Yes, cherubs playing billiards is a new one on me... Great find.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...