Southgate is a hamlet slumbering between Grafton and Lawrence. Once it was a real village with a public school, hotel, hall, butcher shop, general store and post office; today it is just a small collection of houses. Pictured is the Southgate Hotel that closed in 1956 when the license moved to the Plantation Hotel, Coffs Harbour and the now decrepit hall that was probably last used in the early 1970's.
Time to Build the Ark
1 year ago