A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Is this the Aussie Retirement Dream?


The Ocean Club Resort is a vast over 50's retirement village that is currently under construction in Bonny Hills on the Mid-North Coast.
There is everything a retiree would need: pool, gym, tennis, clubhouse, security gates etc. The advertising campaign focuses on light physical activity and beachside romance, all in white clothing.
It wouldn't be my cup of tea to live here but I'm sure it will be a big success in one of the retirement hot spots of Australia; the Port Macquarie region.


The display housing is of course cookie cutter in inoffensive pale neutral shades with bright landscaping. It all looks too perfect.

11 comments:

  1. great idea for those who find it affordable and like that kind of activities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 50! I thought 50 was the new 30 so what would they want a retirement home for? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this and many other comments made over the months. Has overtones of Watership Downs where the rabbits lived in a perfect world but with a dark secret around death. Great to see the old N.R.C.C. notice. It brought back many memories of, by now I suppose, long gone characters who made sure the communities lights stayed on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't look good in white, so I might not fit in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley's comment makes me laugh. I'd rather go hike around a swamp than do any of those white-clothes activities. Guess I better not get old. (oops, too late!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a great place for retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess one day I'll settle for a little place somewhere but I doubt it will be in a gated community of a cookie cutter house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think is really a nice idea. It's nice that they have thought about that kind of way.

    Accommodation Port Macquarie 

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...