A Daily Photo Blog about Life in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Yamba Family Fair - Part 1


During all of January the small carnival/sideshow alley/rides set up in Ford Park, Yamba. It seems to have become an annual event.
We didn't go unto one of the final nights; not alot of people about and the rain didn't help, however,  fun was to be had.



In the hour I was there I didn't see this woman make one sale, business was slow!
I did like here van, some old fixtures like the cordial machine that spins round and round like a respirator, the lurid Fairy Floss pegged to the ceiling, the choice of bright pink and of course the pre-made Dagwood Dogs. I'd just had tea and the thought of eating this stuff and then going on the Big Whizzer was not a pleasant prospect, so I just bought a red drink(expensive).


9 comments:

  1. That is a great display of colors and signs. Understand why you didn't eat a Hot Dadwood Dog. Sounds like it could unsettle anyone's stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh hot chips - well I wouldn't want them cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing Dagwood Dogs but not eating them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she has a better day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually enjoy the food from these vans but I go to fairs rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sign - but what I liked best was the name "Fairy Frost" for what we call Cotton Candy - I shall use its new name from now on - I like it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly some bold candy colours! The woman looks as if she is just biding time and dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...